MIA GAL advises on all aspects of EU and French competition law matters, with a strong focus on merger control and abuse of dominance. She also has litigation experience before the Court of Justice of the European Union in matters related to general EU issues.
Recent experience includes advising:
- KKR on its majority acquisition of Biosynth Carbosynth, a Swiss life sciences reagents and custom synthesis and manufacturing services company.
- Gilde Buy Out Partners on the sale of Pro Gamers Group to HAL Investments and Management.
- KKR on its investment in Ornikar, a European provider of road safety education.
- KKR on its investment in Feedzai, a leading cloud-based financial risk management platform.
- KKR on its investment in Nordic Bioscience, a Danish biomarker development company.
- KKR on its acquisition of Argenta, a leading animal pharmaceutical research and manufacturing company.
Mia has also been involved in cases in the telecom, IT, digital and pesticide sectors.
Prior to joining Sidley, Mia worked at other law firms in Paris and in Brussels. She also completed internships at the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Competition in Brussels and at the Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Competition in Washington, D.C.