ALISTAIR GUNN advises issuers, underwriters, and other market participants (including trustees) in connection with a variety of debt- and equity-related transactions, including the establishment and update of EMTN and GMTN programs, and has experience in transactions involving securities being listed on regulated and non-regulated markets.
Before joining Sidley, Alistair spent a decade as an equity and equity derivatives portfolio manager. He managed institutional index options trading books and engaged in the trading and risk management of listed and OTC vanilla options, variance swaps, volatility swaps, dividend swaps, and V2X/VIX-structured products.
Recent examples of Alistair’s work include advising:
- Guggenheim Securities, LLC and BTIG, LLC as underwriters’ counsel in the US$230 million IPO of Crixus BH3 Acquisition Company.
- Travelex on its financial and operational restructuring.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc on the refinancing of its core revolving credit facilities consisting of US$2.5 billion of 364-day facilities and £1.9 billion of multi-currency three-year facilities, which are the first large-scale credit facilities executed globally to be linked from the commencement date to both SONIA and SOFR compounded in arrears.
- Bank of Cyprus Group in three significant English law capital-related transactions.
- Worley on the establishment of its US$2 billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme and its debut issue of a €500 million five-year sustainability-linked bond.
Alistair trained as a solicitor in Sidley’s London office, where he gained experience in the investment funds, global finance, capital markets, and employment groups.