ROBERT NIELD has considerable experience in relation to the establishment and maintenance of investment funds and managed accounts, investor fund reviews and negotiations, and related legal and regulatory issues.
Robert’s recent experience includes advising:
- Queen’s Park Equity LLP on its debut private equity fund, Queen’s Park Equity Partners I, L.P.
- A leading credit manager on the formation of a PE-style fund focusing on investments in European structured credit.
- A large spin-out manager on the formation of its inaugural fund focusing on multi-strategy credit investments.
- A Japanese pension co-operative with regard to a series of investments in managed accounts with market-leading credit fund sponsors.
- On the establishment of a closed-ended fund focusing on illiquid credit investments in Africa, and related joint-venture management arrangements.
Robert has advised a broad range of investment fund sponsors and investors, including private equity and hedge funds, pension funds and financial institutions across a range of asset classes and strategies, including infrastructure, distressed debt, credit, real estate, event-driven equity, managed futures and long/short equity.
Robert has been recognized as a Rising Star for Investment Funds at the IFLR Rising Stars Awards Europe 2020.
Robert recently spent a year on secondment at one of the largest corporate pension schemes in the United Kingdom where he was responsible for handling all legal matters relating to the scheme’s investment activities.
Prior to this, Robert trained at an international Magic Circle law firm and was based in London and Tokyo.