JAMES OUSSEDIK has considerable experience in relation to the establishment and maintenance of investment funds, funds of one and managed accounts, co-investments, investor negotiations, and related legal and regulatory issues. James is group head of the Investment Funds practice in the London office, which undertakes a full range of private fund formation work, together with representations of certain major institutional allocators to private funds. James also serves as chair of the London office’s CSR Committee.
James advises a broad range of sponsors and investors, covering the establishment of all types of private funds, and advice to sovereign wealth funds, seed investors, pension funds, family offices and financial institutions, across a range of private and public market strategies. James’s sponsor practice is particularly strong in credit-related strategies of all types across the liquidity spectrum, including credit opportunities, corporate funding solutions, litigation funding, special opportunities and special situations/distressed. James also has particular experience of advising spin-out managers on the structuring of management arrangements and fund formation, as well as joint venture arrangements and co-investments for both sponsors and investors.
James has received acknowledgement from numerous industry ranking guides:
- Chambers Europe and Chambers UK 2023 – Ranked in the Spotlight table for Investment Funds: Private Equity: Credit Funds and ranked for Investment Funds: Hedge Funds. Commentators note: “James Oussedik is well connected, incredibly well informed and responsive. He looks out for his client's interests at all times."
- The Legal 500 UK 2023 – Ranked as a “Leading Individual” for Private Funds and also recognized for Hedge Funds.
- Chambers Europe and Chambers UK 2022 - Recognized for Investment Funds: Private Equity: Credit Funds and Investment Funds: Hedge Funds, where clients commented he is “thoughtful and practical.”
- The Legal 500 UK 2022 – Ranked as a “Leading Individual” for Private Funds and also recognized for Hedge Funds.
- Chambers Europe and Chambers UK 2021 - Ranked for Investment Funds: Private Equity: Credit Funds and Investment Funds: Hedge Funds, where clients noted he is “very proactive, very commercial and very responsive,” with a “strong grasp of the technicalities.”
- IFLR1000 2021/22 - Acknowledged as “Highly regarded.”
James received his LL.B. from the London School of Economics and Political Science and is bilingual English/French.