BENEDETTA PACIFICO is a senior associate in the London office and her practice focuses on capital markets transactions.
Benedetta has extensive experience of acting for issuers and arrangers on a wide range of transactions including regulatory and hybrid capital instruments, debt restructurings, exchange offers, other liability management transactions and the establishment and update of EMTN and GMTN programs and related issues. Benedetta has also a strong interest and focus on ESG in finance and capital markets.
Benedetta has experience of listings on different regulated and non-regulated markets including in London, Luxembourg and Ireland.
Prior to joining Sidley, Benedetta worked in the London offices of a major Italian law firm and in the London and Rome offices of a major London based international firm.
Recent examples of significant experience include advising:
- Bank of Cyprus Group in three significant English law capital-related transactions.
- The Managers in connection with the issue by Simon Property Group of US$750 million 1.125% Guaranteed Notes due March 2033.
- The Dealers in connection with the establishment by NBN Co Limited of its US$50 billion GMTN Programme.
- The Managers in connection with the issue by Westpac Banking Corporation of €1 billion Fixed Rate Green Subordinated Instruments due May 2031.
- Worley on the establishment of its US$2 billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme and its debut issue of EUR 500 million five-year sustainability-linked bond.
- Travelex on its financial and operational restructuring.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc on the refinancing of its core revolving credit facilities consisting of US$2.5 billion of 364-day facilities and £1.9 billion of multi-currency three-year facilities, which are the first large scale credit facilities executed globally to be linked from the commencement date to both SONIA and SOFR compounded in arrear.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc, as guarantor, in connection with the issue by subsidiary GlaxoSmithKline Capital plc of its £750,000,000 1.250 per cent. Notes due 12 October 2028, £750,000,000 1.625 per cent. Notes due 12 May 2035 and €750,000,000 0.125 per cent. Notes due 12 May 2023 under its £20,000,000,000 Euro Medium Term Programme.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc in connection with the issue by subsidiary GlaxoSmithKline Capital plc of its €750 million Floating Rate Notes due 2020, €1 billion 1.25%. Notes due 2026 and €750 million 1.750%. Notes due 2030, in each case guaranteed by GlaxoSmithKline plc and issued under the group’s £15 billion Euro Medium Term Note Program.
- Citigroup Global Markets Singapore Pte Ltd., Goldman Sachs (Singapore) Pte. and Mizuho Securities (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. in their respective capacities as Arrangers in connection with the establishment by GLP Pte. Ltd. of its US$4 billion EMTN Program.
- Guangzhou R&F Properties Co. Ltd, a leading Chinese property developer in connection with issues by subsidiary Easy Tactic Limited of US$700 million 8.75 per cent. Senior Notes due 2021, its US$200 million 8.875 per cent. Senior Notes due 2021 and its US$800 million 7.00 per cent. Senior Notes due 2021 and subsidiary Trillion Chance Limited of US$300 million 7.50 per cent. Senior Notes due 2019 and its US$350 million 5.00 per cent. Senior Notes due 2019.
- Bank of Cyprus in connection with the listing of its share capital on the premium segment of the London Stock Exchange.
- Barclays Bank PLC and Société Générale as consent solicitation agents in connection with the August 2015 consent solicitations by Pirelli & C. S.p.A in relation to its €500 million 5.125% Guaranteed Notes due 2016 guaranteed by Pirelli Tyre S.p.A and by Pirelli International plc in relation to its €600 million 1.750% Guaranteed Notes due 2019 guaranteed by Pirelli Tyre S.p.A.
- JSC Astana Finance, a financial services group in Kazakhstan, in relation to its financial restructuring and ongoing connected matters.
- Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch as consent solicitation agent in connection with the June 2015 consent solicitations by Novo Banco S.A. in relation to various series of senior debt and exchangeable securities issued by BES Finance Limited.
- Banca IMI S.p.A., Mediobanca and Unicredit Bank AG as dealer managers in connection with the February 2015 cash tender offers by Atlantia S.p.A. in relation to its outstanding €1.5 billion 5.625% Notes due 2016, €1 billion 3.375% Notes due 2017 and €1 billion 4.500% Notes due 2019, all guaranteed by Autostrade per l’Italia S.p.A.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch as dealer manager in connection with the September 2015 cash tender offers by Obrascón Huarte Lain, S.A. in relation to its outstanding €300 million 7.625% Senior Notes due 2020, €400 million 4.750% Senior Notes due 2022 and €325 million 5.50% Senior Notes due 2023.
- Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Limited and Commonwealth Bank of Australia as consent solicitation agents in connection with the September 2015 consent solicitations by Commonwealth Bank of Australia in connection with various series of outstanding Covered Bonds issued under its Covered Bond program.
- Aereoporti di Roma S.p.A. in connection with the restructuring of their debt program and outstanding bonds.
- The Export-Import Bank of China in connection with the establishment of a US$6 billion loan-backed MTN program by Avi Funding Company Limited (Financial Times’ “Asia Pacific Innovative Lawyers 2016”)