LINDSEY SMITH is a partner in the Corporate and Securities group of the firm’s Chicago office. Lindsey is a trusted advisor to public companies on a broad range of securities law matters, including SEC periodic reporting obligations and disclosure best practices, proxy statements and annual meeting requirements, Regulation G and non-GAAP financial measures, Regulation FD and shareholder communications, as well as Section 16 reporting, stock exchange requirements and corporate governance matters. Lindsey also frequently represents issuers as well as investment banks in a variety of capital markets transactions, including public and private debt offerings and primary and secondary equity offerings. Lindsey advises companies of a variety of different sizes, geographies and sectors, including financial services and insurance, technology and fintech, manufacturing, healthcare, food and beverage, consumer goods and retail.
Representative public company Exchange Act clients include:
- a Fortune 200 foodservice retailer;
- a Fortune 200 IT solutions company;
- a Fortune 200 airline holding company;
- a Fortune 400 department store retailer;
- a Fortune 400 restaurant company;
- a Fortune 400 healthcare company;
- a Fortune 500 distribution solutions company; and
- a Fortune 500 home and security products company.
Representative issuer-side capital markets transactions include:
- Public equity offerings of Aviv REIT, Inc., United Airlines Holdings, Inc., US Foods Holding Corp., Veritiv Corporation, Werner Enterprises Inc., West Corporation and Yum China Holdings, Inc.
- Public debt offerings of AptarGroup, Inc., Cboe Global Markets, Inc., eBay Inc., Jabil Inc., Ingredion Incorporated, Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., The Western Union Company and U.S. Cellular Corporation
- Rule 144A private placements of high yield debt securities by Aviv Healthcare Properties Limited Partnership, Care Capital Properties, LP, CPI Card Group Inc. and Herc Holdings Inc.
- Section 4(a)(2) private placements of debt securities by Arthur J. Gallaher & Co., AptarGroup, Inc. and RSM US LLP
- PIPE transactions by Aspira Women’s Health Inc., Biolase, Inc. and Hansen Medical, Inc.
Other notable transactions include representing management in the spin-offs of Knowles Corporation and Apergy Corporation from Dover Corporation, Herc Holdings Inc. from Hertz Global Holdings, Inc. and Yum China Holdings, Inc. from Yum! Brands, Inc.
Lindsey received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Cornell Law School, where she was the Lead Symposium Editor of the Cornell Law Review and was elected to the Order of the Coif.