BRANDON SUDDUTH is counsel in the Real Estate group in the firm’s New York office. Brandon’s practice focuses on the financing, development, construction, acquisition and disposition of commercial properties, commercial lease transactions representing both landlords and tenants, and the formation of real estate joint ventures and partnerships.
Recent representative transactions include:
- Representation of an insurance company in the origination of over $1.1 billion of mortgage financing to subsidiaries of a publicly traded real estate investment trust secured by Manhattan office properties.
- Representation of a joint venture acquisition of a portfolio of 110 apartment buildings located in New York City, including the origination and assumption of approximately $380 million of secured financing, and the structuring and documentation of the joint venture and preferred equity arrangements.
- Representation of a U.S. commercial airline in the financing, development and construction of a $1.2 billion terminal expansion project at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City.
- Representation of a major commercial lender in connection with approximately $540 million in master repurchase financing to subsidiaries of a large private equity and asset management company.
- Representation of a global marketing and communications holding company and its subsidiaries in the design and build-out of office space in New York and other U.S. cities.
- Representation of the City of New York in connection with the transfer of control of the Brooklyn Bridge Park from the State of New York to the City of New York, giving the City responsibility for the planning, construction, operation and maintenance of the 85-acre park located along 1.3 miles of Brooklyn’s East River waterfront, as well as the commercial development of adjacent parcels.