ERICA VON PECHMANN advises clients in the power and renewable energy industry, with a focus on project development and finance, as well as project acquisitions, dispositions and other investment arrangements. Erica serves on the working committee for the Houston Chapter of Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy (WRISE) as Director of Marketing and has been recognized by Texas Super Lawyers as a Texas Rising Star.
Erica earned her J.D. from Harvard Law School. While attending law school, Erica was Co-President of the Lincoln’s Inn Society and Vice President of Development of the Social Enterprise Law Association. In 2012, Erica was simultaneously awarded her M.A. and B.A., summa cum laude as a Departmental Scholar at the University of California, Los Angeles and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa.
Erica’s experience, including prior to joining Sidley, includes the following representations:
- Citigroup Energy Inc. in a 10-year secured hedge transaction for Bearkat Wind Energy II, LLC, the project company for a 162.25 megawatt (MW) wind project in Glasscock County, Texas.
- Citigroup Energy Inc. in a 13-year secured hedge transaction for Midway Wind, LLC, the project company for a 163 MW wind project in San Patricio County, Texas.
- Citigroup Energy Inc. in a 13-year secured hedge transaction for Flat Top Wind I, LLC, the project company for an approximately 200 MW wind project in Mills and Comanche County, Texas.
- Citigroup Energy Inc. in the negotiation and structuring of a 13-year asset-secured physical power purchase from Rio Bravo Windpower, LLC, a 238 MW wind project in Starr County, Texas.
- Citigroup Energy Inc. in the negotiation and structuring of a 10-year physical power purchase from Sterling Wind, LLC, a holding company for three wind projects, Cap Ridge Wind I, III and IV, representing 413 MWs of wind projects in Sterling and Coke County, Texas.
- Harrison Street Social Infrastructure Fund as investor in the 93 MW Bennington wind project located in Marshall County, Illinois.
- Merrill Lynch Commodities Inc. in an 11-year secured hedge transaction for Bearkat Wind Energy I, LLC, the project company for a 196 MW wind project in Glasscock County, Texas.
- Merrill Lynch Commodities Inc. in a 10-year secured hedge transaction for Live Oak Wind Project LLC, the project company for a 200 MW wind project in Schleicher County, Texas.
- Merrill Lynch Commodities Inc. in a 13-year secured hedge transaction for Tahoka Wind, LLC, the project company for a 300 MW wind project in Lynn County, Texas.
- Enyo Renewable Energy, LLC, a joint venture of MAP Energy and Enyo LLC, in connection with the sale of 6 solar projects (including optional energy storage components) located in Utah.
- NRG Energy, Inc. in connection with a request for proposals for power purchase agreements for solar energy projects located in Texas.
- Cubico Sustainable Investments in the acquisition, debt and tax equity financing of the 102 MW Midlands solar project located in South Carolina.
- 174 Power Global Corp., an affiliate of Hanwha Group, in negotiation of a solar hedge for a 50 MW solar plant project located in Ector County, Texas with JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Hanwha Energy in the negotiation of a Power Purchase Agreement from the Oberon Solar IA to Hanwha’s affiliate, Hanwha Energy USA Holdings Corporation.
- TerraForm Power, LLC in connection with the refinancing of a $50 million letter of credit facility secured pari passu with first lien secured notes and ongoing operational matters for its Mount Signal solar facility in California.
- Early stage developer in connection with real property matters for battery storage project located in New York.
- NRG Energy, Inc. in connection with a request for proposals for tolling agreements for energy storage projects located in Texas.
- Petra Nova Parish Holdings LLC, a joint venture between NRG Energy and JX Nippon to finance the world’s largest post-combustion carbon capture facility, located in Fort Bend County, Texas. Named “2017 Project of the Year” (with JX Nippon) and “Coal-Fired Project of the Year” by Power Engineering.
- Merrill Lynch Commodities, Inc. in the negotiation and structuring of a secured hedging facility for Rockland Capital’s Victoria Power Station, a 290 MW natural gas-fired, combined-cycle facility located in Victoria, Texas, including transactions hedging summer peaking.
- Rockland Capital in a public notes offering for $388,000,000 of Senior Secured Notes due December 2030, a letter of credit and working capital facility, and intercreditor arrangements secured by a 1.5 GW portfolio composed of three simple cycle natural gas peaking power plants located in Illinois, Ohio and Indiana.
- Rockland Capital in the refinancing of 265 MW gas-fired, combined cycle power plant owned by Eagle Point Power Generation LLC, located in New Jersey.
- Secured parties in negotiation and structuring of work out arrangements for lenders and secured hedge providers for a 93.5 MW (net) natural gas-fired combined-cycle electric generating facility located in Nevada.
- Secured parties in negotiation and structuring of work out arrangements for independent energy marketer of retail electricity, natural gas and solar products to residential and commercial customers.
- Amcor plc in $4.5 billion multi-tranche senior revolving and term loan credit facilities in connection with acquisition of Bemis Company Inc. and $1.05 billion 364-day revolving credit facility.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, as Administrative Agent in a $2.0 billion reserve-based senior secured revolving credit facility for Southwestern Energy Company.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, as Administrative Agent under a prepetition asset-based loan facility in connection with the Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing of BJ Services, LLC and its affiliates.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, as Administrative Agent in connection with various reserve-based senior secured revolving credit facilities, amendments and payoffs.
- Upstream oil and gas company in secured hedging transaction to provide financing for development of unproven reserves.
- Registered investment advisor in connection with various financial hedging transactions.
- Fortune 500 Company in real estate matters as lead outside counsel, including office leasing and dispositions of Texas real property.
- Non-traded REITs, in the acquisition, financing, and operating agreements for The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara (formerly Bacara Resort & Spa), awarded “Single Asset Transaction of 2017 (Over $25M)” at The Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS).
- Non-traded REIT in the acquisition and operating agreement for Charlotte Marriott City Center.
- Non-traded REIT in the acquisition of The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco.
- Private equity fund in disposition of Oakland Marriott City Center hotel and convention center.
- Private equity fund in branded hotel management agreement for an approximately 800-room ocean front resort (including branded residential and retail components).
- Visual artist in connection with nationally touring museum exhibition.
- Houston-based nonprofit organization in connection with general corporate and real estate matters.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History as sole intern for the General Counsel on transactional matters including real estate, commercial contracts and intellectual property.