ANDREW O. VOUZIERS is a partner in the firm’s Chicago office, with prior experience practicing in the firm’s Sydney, Australia office. Andrew represents investment banks, direct lenders, private equity and financial sponsors, hedge funds, commercial banks, insurance companies, and private and public companies in structuring, negotiating, documenting and administering all phases of complex financial transactions.
Andrew’s practice focuses on:
- LEVERAGED AND SYNDICATED FINANCE, including cross-border and domestic credit facilities, term loan facilities, and letter of credit facilities. Andrew has experience with cash flow and asset-based financings, bridge, underwritten and best efforts executions, leveraged recapitalization, senior secured and senior unsecured debt, first-lien, second-lien and crossing lien facilities, subordinated and mezzanine facilities, unitranche facilities, and multicurrency facilities, each across a wide range of credit and financial markets, ranging from investment grade and large corporate, to upper, middle and lower middle market.
- DEBT CAPITAL MARKETS, including term loan B facilities, samurai loans, and institutional debt private placements such as private placements and Rule 144A bond offerings.
- MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS, including leveraged buyouts and management buyouts, auctions and financings for strategic and financial acquisitions, and corporate spinoff transactions.
- WORKOUTS, RESTRUCTURINGS AND SPECIAL SITUATIONS, including debt acceleration, equity and asset foreclosure, board reconstitution, and debtor-in-possession (DIP) and exit financings.
- SPECIALIZED MATTERS, including Sustainability Linked Loans, Green Loans and other environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) related financings, roll-ups, construction loans and project finance, bank to bank lending, film financings, secondary trading platforms, and matters unique to a diverse collection of asset classes, including, among others, international intellectual property, tax credits, regulatory and commercial licenses and approvals, franchises, and fine art.
Andrew’s deal work actively spans the globe, including cross-border transactions throughout several countries in Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. In addition to having a global practice, Andrew has experience transacting across a number of industries, including, among others, technology, media and telecommunications (TMT), healthcare, pharmaceuticals, financial services, insurance and reinsurance, energy production and distribution, oil and gas, consumer goods, textiles and apparel, manufacturing, hospitality, food products and beverages, restaurants, real estate and REITs, tax credits, EB-5 immigrant investor program, and film production and entertainment.
In 2020, Crain’s Chicago Business named Andrew to its list of “Notable Minorities in Accounting, Consulting & Law.” Andrew was also recognized as a 2021 “Chicago Business Notable Rising Stars in Law” by Crain’s Chicago Business. In addition, Latino Leaders Magazine recognized Andrew as one of their “Latino Lawyers to Keep On the Watch” at the 2020 Latino Leaders Awards.