SAMANTHA WALKER advises on a range of transactional (including M&A), regulatory and commercial matters for UK and international (re)insurance companies.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., a global insurance brokerage, risk management and consulting services firm, in its acquisition of the treaty reinsurance brokerage operations of Willis Towers Watson for US$3.25 billion.
- Advising Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. on its $3.57 billion acquisition of Willis Towers Watson Assets.
- Advising Queen Park’s Equity on its acquisition of Learndirect Limited and its subsidiaries, a provider of online learning platform and courses.
- Advising TowerBrook on its investment in the GBA Group, a UK-based vehicle logistics business servicing the global automotive and shipping industries.
- Advising Cincinnati Financial Corporation on its acquisition of MSP Underwriting at Lloyd’s from Munich Re.
Samantha trained as a solicitor in Sidley’s London office where she gained experience in mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, structuring and establishment of hedge funds and regulatory matters including cyber security issues, data protection regulation and AIFMD.