Sidley is pleased to share the Spring 2018 issue of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance, a bimonthly newsletter designed to keep you current on what we consider to be the most important legal developments involving M&A and corporate governance matters. Topics covered in this issue include the following:
- The Board’s Role in Preventing and Addressing Sexual Harassment
- New Rules Proposed to Scrutinize Foreign Direct Investment in Europe
- Update on Delaware Appraisal
- Stockholder Vote on a Merger Was Not “Fully Informed” Because the Founder/Chairman’s Reasons for Abstaining Were Not Disclosed
- “Controlling Stockholder” Designation is Contextual – and Assumes Greater Importance with the Potential for Corwin Cleansing
- Ninth Circuit Creates Circuit Split by Holding That Tender Offer Disclosure Challenges Require Only a Showing of Negligence, Not Scienter
- Ruling Confirms that Boards May Reject Deficient Director Nominating Notices
- U.S. Supreme Court Decision and Substantial SEC Awards May Encourage Whistleblowers to Report Directly to the SEC
- Disclosure-Only Settlements in New York
- Updated Guidance on Cybersecurity Disclosures and Novel Enforcement Actions Highlight Cybersecurity as a Top SEC Priority
- President Trump Seeks Expanded Authority to Block Foreign Investment That May Compromise U.S. National Security
- SEC Supplements Guidance on the Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures in the M&A Context
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE DEVELOPMENTS
- Institutional Investors Continue to Increase Expectations Regarding Board Gender Diversity
- Management of Environmental and Social Risks – A New Metric By Which to Evaluate Public Companies
- Delaware Corporations Should Ensure that Director Removal Provisions Comply with the DGCL
Current and past issues of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance are available on our website. View the Spring 2018 issue here and past issues here.
Sidley Austin LLP provides this information as a service to clients and other friends for educational purposes only. It should not be construed or relied on as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship. Readers should not act upon this information without seeking advice from professional advisers.
Attorney Advertising—Sidley Austin LLP, One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603. +1 312 853 7000. Sidley and Sidley Austin refer to Sidley Austin LLP and affiliated partnerships, as explained at www.sidley.com/disclaimer.
© Sidley Austin LLP