Sidley is pleased to share the December 2019 issue of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance, a quarterly newsletter designed to keep you current on what we consider to be the most important legal developments involving M&A and corporate governance matters. Topics covered in this issue include the following:
- Trends and Opportunities in Distressed M&A Investing
- Delaware Chancery Court Rejects Argument That a Proxy Contest Is a “Proper Purpose” for a Books and Records Request
- Board Oversight of “Mission Critical” Regulatory Compliance Risk Increasingly Under Scrutiny
- Absent Compliance With MFW, Entire Fairness Review Applies to a Board’s Decision About Executive Compensation Benefiting a Conflicted Controlling Stockhold
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE DEVELOPMENTS
- SEC Streamlines Process for Responding to Company Requests to Exclude Shareholder Proposals
- NYC Comptroller Continues Diversity Efforts With Boardroom Accountability Project 3.0
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Releases Best Practices for Voluntary ESG Reporting
- Retiring Delaware Chief Justice Strine Releases Ambitious Proposal to Reform the U.S. Corporate Governance Syste
Current and past issues of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance are available on our website. View the December 2019 issue here and past issues here.
If you have any questions regarding this issue of Sidley Perspectives or suggestions for topics to be covered in future issues, please contact the Sidley lawyer with whom you usually work or Claire Holland, the editor of the newsletter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sidley Austin LLP provides this information as a service to clients and other friends for educational purposes only. It should not be construed or relied on as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship. Readers should not act upon this information without seeking advice from professional advisers. In addition, this information was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any person for the purpose of avoiding any U.S. federal, state or local tax penalties that may be imposed on such person.
Attorney Advertising—Sidley Austin LLP, One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603. +1 312 853 7000. Sidley and Sidley Austin refer to Sidley Austin LLP and affiliated partnerships, as explained at www.sidley.com/disclaimer.
© Sidley Austin LLP