NOAM WALTUCH, a tax associate in the firm’s New York office, focuses on advising clients on the structuring of alternative investments and the formation of alternative investment vehicles, including hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds and insurance-linked securities funds. In addition, he works on transactions involving equity and mortgage REITs. Noam’s other practice areas include representing issuers and underwriters in capital markets transactions, including public and private securities, domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, tax-free reorganizations, joint ventures and restructurings.
Representative matters include:
- ACE in a joint venture with BlackRock in connection with the formation and $800 million private placement of ABR Reinsurance Capital Holdings Ltd., a Bermuda-based reinsurance organization with an alternative asset management strategy; the venture was named “Capital Raising of the Year” and “Launch of the Year” at the 2015 Reactions North America Awards.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Rouse Properties, Inc. in the acquisition of Rouse by an affiliate of Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in a deal valued at approximately $2.8 billion.
- Stericyle, Inc. in its $2.3 billion acquisition of privately held Shred-it International and its post acquisition restructuring.
- AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. in connection with the issuance by of $76,000,000 2.75% Convertible Senior Notes due 2044, 6,600,000 Depositary Shares representing 7.50% Non-Cumulative Preferred Stock, Series D and 5.50% Convertible Senior Notes due 2021.
- Recall Holdings in its $2.6 billion sale to Iron Mountain.
- The Mark Gordon Company and producer Mark Gordon, in the sale of a 51 percent interest in the company to Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) for approximately $133 million in cash and eOne stock.
- The initial purchasers, led by a global banking and financial services company, in connection with the $300 million high-yield senior debt offering of the operating partnership of a data-center REIT.
Admissions & Certifications
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., 2012
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, J.D., 2011
- Yeshiva University, B.S., 2006