Sidley is a preeminent provider of legal counsel to clients involved in all aspects of real estate finance. Our Real Estate practice includes many skilled real estate finance professionals who are able to assist clients in structuring highly-complicated transactions with innovative and creative strategies.
Our clients include investment and commercial banks, insurance companies, opportunity funds, mortgage REITs and other financial institutions that are originating, purchasing and selling loans (and interests in loans) and real estate developers, owners and operators that are procuring financing designed to meet the needs of their unique projects. We have regularly advised clients in a diverse array of real estate financing structures, including:
- Acquisition and construction loans
- Structuring loans for securitization, syndication, sale and portfolio investment
- Term loans
- Secured and unsecured credit facilities
- Warehouse and repurchase lines
- Bridge financings
- Synthetic and leveraged leases and leasehold financings
- A/B structures
- Multiparty intercreditor and participation arrangements
- Mezzanine loans and other investments by lenders throughout the capital stack
As a global leader in providing legal services, we have represented originators and purchasers of commercial mortgage loans for properties throughout the United States, Europe, South America, Canada, China, India and Japan.