Among other current litigation matters:
- We represent a major pharmaceutical company In re Pharmaceutical Industry Average Wholesale Price Litigation, MDL 1456 (D. Mass.), a series of class actions brought on behalf of third party payers and consumers alleging that drug companies deliberately inflated their list prices in order to market their products more effectively to physicians and pharmacies. We also represent the company in related suits brought by state attorneys general in state court.
- We represent additional pharmaceutical companies in Attorney General actions challenging pharmaceutical pricing.
- We represent a major manufacturer in class actions alleging consumer fraud in the marketing of a leading prescription drug. We achieved dismissal of several of these claims in 2006.
- We represent a number of major drug manufacturers in qui tam suits in federal court alleging fraudulent marketing of pharmaceutical products.
- We represent a medical device manufacturer in antitrust suits alleging that the company sought to monopolize the market for devices used in minimally invasive surgery by leveraging its alleged monopoly in sutures through the use of “bundled” contracts. In July 2006, the first of these suits went to trial and the jury returned a verdict in our client’s favor.
- We represent a drug manufacturer in a purported class action brought under the antitrust laws alleging exclusion of pharmaceutical secondary wholesalers.