Sidley is pleased to share the December issue of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance, a bimonthly newsletter designed to keep you current on what we consider to be the most important legal developments involving M&A and corporate governance matters. Topics covered in this issue include:
- The New Auditor's Report: How to Respond
- Governing Through Disruption: Board Priorities for 2018
- Companies Allowed to Include Incorporation by Reference Condition on DGCL Section 220 Document Productions
- Delaware Court of Chancery Denies DGCL Section 220 Demand when Stockholder Failed to Prove a Current Need for the Requested Information
- Plaintiffs' Lawyer-Driven DGCL Section 220 Demand Rejected
- "Exemplary Case" for Corwin/Volcano Cleansing Results in Delaware Court of Chancery Dismissing Complaint
- New Cornerstone Research Study Highlights M&A Litigation Trends
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE DEVELOPMENTS
- SEC Chair Discusses the SEC's Governance Agenda
- ISS and Glass Lewis Release Updated Proxy Voting Policies for the 2018 Proxy Season
- New SEC Guidance on Shareholder Proposals Calls for Increased Board Involvement
- SEC Provides Guidance on Regulation G Exemption for Forecasts in M&A Context
- CFIUS Reform Legislation Introduced
- Merger Filers Beware: Department of Justice Challenges a Transaction that Cleared Hart-Scott-Rodino
- SEC Proposes Amendments to Modernize and Simplify its Disclosure Requirements
- FCC Order Relaxes Broadcast Ownership Rules
Current and past issues of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance are available on our website. View the December issue here and past issues here.
Sidley Austin LLP provides this information as a service to clients and other friends for educational purposes only. It should not be construed or relied on as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship. Readers should not act upon this information without seeking advice from professional advisers.
Attorney Advertising—Sidley Austin LLP, One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603. +1 312 853 7000. Sidley and Sidley Austin refer to Sidley Austin LLP and affiliated partnerships, as explained at www.sidley.com/disclaimer.
© Sidley Austin LLP