Sidley has been recognized in 17 practice areas and received 19 lawyer rankings in the Chambers Asia-Pacific 2023 guide. Of these, the firm has been included in the highest tier in five categories.
Notably, five lawyers have maintained their top-tier placements. Mimma Barila, Bruce Dailey and Robert Meyers continue to be top ranked for Capital Markets: U.S. Law (Australia). Additionally, Han Ming Ho retains his Band 1 placement in Investment Funds: International (Singapore), and Matthew Sheridan is positioned in the highest band for Capital Markets: International (Singapore) and Capital Markets (International Firms): Expertise Based Abroad (Indonesia).
The firm is recommended for:
- Asia-Pacific Region – Arbitration (International)
- Asia-Pacific Region – Capital Markets: Debt
- Asia-Pacific Region – Capital Markets: Equity
- Asia-Pacific Region – Capital Markets: High-Yield Products
- Asia-Pacific Region – Corporate/M&A
- Asia-Pacific Region – International Trade/WTO
- Asia-Pacific Region – Investment Funds: Hedge Funds
- Asia-Pacific Region – Investment Funds: Private Equity
- Asia-Pacific Region – Life Sciences
- Australia – Capital Markets: U.S. Law
- India: International – Capital Markets (International Firms) (Expertise Based Abroad)
- Indonesia: International – Corporate & Finance (International Firms) (Expertise Based Abroad)
- Japan – Projects & Energy: International
- Singapore – Capital Markets: International
- Singapore – Corporate/M&A: International: The Elite
- Singapore – Investment Funds: International
- Singapore – Startups & Emerging Companies
The Chambers Asia-Pacific guide provides an analysis of legal practitioners in the Asia-Pacific region, based on in-depth interviews with clients and in-house counsel.