DEBORAH GRIM has more than 15 years of experience acting for clients on M&A deals and advising on corporate matters both in private practice and as in-house legal counsel at a publicly listed company.
Deborah advises clients on non-transactional legal issues that typically arise under private equity ownership and leverage structures, with a focus on portfolio company services. Deborah’s work includes advising portfolio companies in a variety of sectors including energy, infrastructure, and transportation on:
- group restructuring projects to simplify holding structures by clearing down the balance sheet, reduction of capital, and strike off applications;
- debt financing support to comply with and administer loan notes, listing notes or perfection of security, and filings with respect thereto;
- capital structure changes for new issuances, recapitalizations, share buybacks, and associated dividends and returns of capital;
- senior management changes with equity transfers either directly or through trust arrangements;
- post transaction support to implement diligence findings or pre-sale actions; and
- general commercial matters including; navigating shareholder agreements, commenting on commercial contracts, confidentiality agreements and engagement letters, amending constitution documents, and seeking overseas legal advice along with the review of board packs and governance documents.
Prior to joining Sidley in 2023, Deborah worked in the same capacity in the private equity practice of another international law firm.