TANYA LANDON has 15 years of experience in international dispute resolution and focuses her practice on international commercial and investment treaty arbitration, state-to-state disputes and complex cross-border litigation.
She acts as counsel and arbitrator in a wide range of disputes before the major arbitral institutions, involving: investment law; general contract law; shareholder and joint venture agreements; construction contracts; international sales contracts and supply agreements; and license and distribution agreements.
Tanya has been recognized for three years running by Who’s Who Future Leaders – Arbitration (2017-2019). Clients state that she “stands out for her exemplary client service and the quality of her legal mind” (Who’s Who Future Leaders, 2017). She won “Best in Commercial Arbitration” at the Europe Women in Business Law Awards 2018.
Tanya is regularly asked to speak on topics of international arbitration and teaches a legal writing seminar at the prestigious MIDS LL.M. program in Geneva. She is fluent in English and French.
Significant recent engagements include:
- Acting for global sports and entertainment broadcaster, beIN Corporation, in an investment arbitration claiming more than US$1 billion against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for unlawfully forcing the Qatar-headquartered broadcaster out of the local market and supporting a notorious broadcast pirate known as beoutQ, including the coordination of a multi-faceted international strategy involving legal proceedings in numerous fora and government advocacy in the U.S. and EU.
- Successfully representing Atomstroyexport JSC, one of the world’s largest nuclear energy companies, in obtaining and securing payment of a €600 million arbitral award in an ICC arbitration relating to the cancellation of a nuclear power plant project. For this victory, Sidley received the 2017 American Lawyer Global Award for “Global Dispute of the Year: Commercial Arbitration (Europe).”
- Representing a Brazilian medical device manufacturer in an ICDR arbitration against a U.S. distributor relating to a licensing dispute under U.S. law, and in a related US trade secrets litigation.
- Representing a CIS aluminium company in complex and high-value arbitrations filed in Zurich and Stockholm under the Swiss and SCC Rules against an important State-owned entity in Central Asia in cases involving complex issues of Swiss, English, BVI and Russian law.
- Representing a U.S. life sciences company in an ICC arbitration with seat in London concerning a License and Distribution Agreement with respect to cardiovascular diagnostic testing under U.S. law.
- Representing a Middle Eastern distributor in an ICC arbitration in Geneva against a multinational beverage manufacturer for claims related to the termination of a long-term distribution agreement.
Admissions & Certifications
- New York
- McGill University, B.C.L., 2004 (with distinction)
- McGill University, LL.B., 2004 (with distinction)
- Columbia University, B.A., 1998 (magna cum laude)