We have recently handled a number of major regulatory matters and regulatory litigation, such as representing:
- Railroads in multiple cases challenging the reasonableness of railroad rates, including Consumers Energy Co. v. CSX Transp., STB NOR 42142; TPI v. CSX Transp., STB NOR 42121; Sunbelt v. Norfolk Southern Ry., STB NOR 42130; and DuPont v. Norfolk Southern Ry., STB NOR 42125.
- Purchasers or sellers of transportation assets in seeking approvals or exemptions from the STB for those transactions.
- New passenger operators in proceedings seeking authority to operate.
- Railroads in multiple significant rulemakings, including STB proceedings regarding rate reasonableness procedures, cost of capital calculations and reciprocal switching rules.
- A railroad in post-transaction STB litigation in which parties alleged that the railroad failed to comply with conditions on the transaction.
- Railroads in STB proceedings related to service issues, including public hearings, information requests and complaint proceedings.
- Railroads on Positive Train Control implementation issues and compliance with FRA regulations.