Formed in 2013, Women in Privacy® (WIP) is an international network of more than 4,900 women working as in-house counsel, compliance officers and other professionals in the field of privacy. WIP aims to provide a platform for high-level discussions of data protection and privacy law developments, to facilitate and strengthen networking among women privacy professionals, and to mentor and promote the advancement of women in the field. Our regular meetings held in the U.S. and Europe include guest speakers highly regarded as experts in Privacy and Data Security law, including Julie Brill, Corporate Vice President, Deputy General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer for Global Privacy and Regulatory Affairs, Microsoft; Helen Dixon, Data Protection Commissioner for Ireland; and Ashkan Soltani, former Senior Advisor in the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy and former Chief Technologist for the Federal Trade Commission.
- November 15, 2023, Brussels – Networking lunch featuring a special address by Neema Guliani, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Services, International Trade Administration, and Sophia Ignatidou, Group Manager for AI and Data Science, Information Commissioner’s Office (UK).
- April 4, 2023, Washington D.C. – Networking event featuring a fireside chat with Danielle K. Citron, author of The Fight for Privacy: Protecting Dignity, Identity, and Love in the Digital Age.
- March 7, 2023, London—Networking event featuring panel with Alyssa Cervantes, Lead Privacy Counsel, Meta; Angela Isom, Chief Privacy Officer, Arthur J. Gallagher; Irene Lau, Global Privacy Counsel, Ant Group International; Michelle Levin, Global Privacy Director, Onfido
- November 15, 2022, Brussels—Networking event and special address by Anna Colaps, Member of the Cabinet, European Data Protection Supervisor
- April 12, 2022, Washington, D.C. —Networking event featuring remarks by Jordan Rae Kelly, Senior Managing Director, Head of Americas Cybersecurity, FTI Consulting; Brittan Heller, Fellow, Atlantic Council; and Hattie Davison, Head of Data Reform, UK government Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)
- March 22, 2022, London—Networking event and program with Claudia Berg, General Counsel for the Information Commissioner’s Office
- December 17, 2020—Discussion with Veronique Ciminà, Legal Officer, European Data Protection Supervisor, Mary Stone Ross, Principal, MSR Strategies, and Lauren Wu, Senior Counsel, Roche Molecular Solutions
- San Francisco, February 26, 2020—Interactive panel discussion with Julie Brill, Corporate Vice President, Deputy General Counsel & Chief Privacy Officer for Global Privacy and Regulatory Affairs, Microsoft Corp.; former Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission, Helen Dixon, Data Protection Commissioner for Ireland and Ashkan Soltani, Independent Researcher and Consultant; former Senior Advisor in the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy; former Chief Technologist for the Federal Trade Commission
- November 19, 2019, Brussels—Florence Raynal, Deputy Director, Head of the Department of European and International Affairs, Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL)
- May 2, 2019, Washington, D.C.—Luncheon with Rebecca Kelly Slaughter, Federal Trade Commissioner