Formed in 2013, Women in Privacy® (WIP) is an international network of more than 2,700 women working as in-house counsel, compliance officers and other professionals in the field of privacy. WIP aims to provide a platform for high-level discussions of data protection and privacy law developments, to facilitate and strengthen networking among women privacy professionals, and to mentor and promote the advancement of women in the field. Our regular meetings held in the U.S. and the EU include guest speakers highly regarded as experts in Privacy and Data Security law, including Julie Brill, Corporate Vice President, Deputy General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer for Global Privacy and Regulatory Affairs, Microsoft; Helen Dixon, Data Protection Commissioner for Ireland; and Ashkan Soltani, former Senior Advisor in the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy and former Chief Technologist for the Federal Trade Commission.
- December 17, 2020—Discussion with Veronique Ciminà, Legal Officer, European Data Protection Supervisor, Mary Stone Ross, Principal, MSR Strategies, and Lauren Wu, Senior Counsel, Roche Molecular Solutions
- San Francisco, February 26, 2020—Interactive panel discussion with Julie Brill, Corporate Vice President, Deputy General Counsel & Chief Privacy Officer for Global Privacy and Regulatory Affairs, Microsoft Corp.; former Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission, Helen Dixon, Data Protection Commissioner for Ireland and Ashkan Soltani, Independent Researcher and Consultant; former Senior Advisor in the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy; former Chief Technologist for the Federal Trade Commission
- November 19, 2019, Brussels—Florence Raynal, Deputy Director, Head of the Department of European and International Affairs, Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL)
- May 2, 2019, Washington, D.C.—Luncheon with Rebecca Kelly Slaughter, Federal Trade Commissioner
- February 11, 2019, Paris—Clémence Scottez, Head of the Economic Affairs Department – Compliance Department, CNIL and Albine Vincent, Head of Data Protection Officers Department, CNIL
- November 27, 2018, Brussels—Special address by Dr. Andrea Jelinek, Chair of the European Data Protection Board