FRANCESCA BLYTHE advises international clients on a wide range of data protection and privacy issues and the implementation of data protection compliance projects. Her main areas of practice are data protection, privacy, e-commerce and information technology.
Recent experience includes advising:
- H.I.G. Capital and Vernacare on the acquisition of Infection Prevention.
- KKR on its investment and follow-on investment in music platform Artlist.
- Goldman Sachs on its investment in tech platform LumApps.
- GHO Capital Partners LLP on its acquisition of Ardena.
- One of the world's leading investment banks regarding the impact of Brexit on its current EU data privacy and GDPR compliance and the associated development of policies and procedures.
- Goldman Sachs Private Capital on its investment in DocPlanner Group, a healthcare booking platform provider with operations in 15 countries.
- eBay Inc. on its acquisition of Motors.co.uk from Cox Automotive Relation Solutions.
- A global e-commerce company on dealing with an international data security breach.
- A global manufacturing company with a global data protection project, including implementation of Binding Corporate Rules.
- A global mobile marketing platform on governance protocols and privacy issues relating to Big Data, including in the context of the GDPR.
Francesca was previously in-house counsel at the largest international health and beauty retailer in Asia and Europe. Whilst there, she regularly gave advice on compliance and strategies relating to data protection laws, including subject access requests, Privacy Impact Assessments, direct marketing campaigns, biometrics and employee monitoring. She also assisted in the planning and delivery of a UK-wide privacy audit and managed a global privacy compliance project.
Francesca was named as an “Associate to watch” in Chambers UK 2020, with sources commenting on her “practical business advice.” Clients say that she is “extremely knowledgeable in EU privacy law.” She was recognized in The Legal 500 UK 2017 for Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity, with clients describing her as “impressive, experienced and incredibly personable.” Francesca is also listed in the 2019 and 2020 editions of Who’s Who Legal: Data.