FRANCESCA BLYTHE advises international clients on a wide range of data protection, privacy and cybersecurity issues. Francesca has in depth experience with a number of industries including asset management and private equity, payments, technology, e-commerce and manufacturing. She has a particular focus on life sciences where she advises on a broad range of issues in relation to, for example, real world evidence and secondary research, clinical studies / investigations, digital health and use of novel technologies (including artificial intelligence).
Francesca was previously in-house counsel at the largest international health and beauty retailer in Asia and Europe. Whilst there, she regularly gave advice on compliance and strategies relating to data protection laws, including subject access requests, Privacy Impact Assessments, direct marketing campaigns, biometrics and employee monitoring. She also assisted in the planning and delivery of a UK-wide privacy audit and managed a global privacy compliance project.
Francesca has received acknowledgement from numerous industry ranking guides:
- Chambers UK 2023 – Named as an “Up and Coming” for Data Protection and Information Law, where clients comment: “Francesca is amazing. She is incredibly efficient, knowledgeable and a true pleasure to work with.”
- The Legal 500 UK 2023 – Ranked for Data Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity, where clients describe her as “very responsive, pragmatic and clear in her advice.”
- Women in Business Law EMEA Awards 2022 - Won the “Rising Star - Corporate” award.
- Law.com International’s 2022 – Included to the “Rising Stars: The UK’s Best Up and Coming Female Lawyers” list. The annual feature highlights the “25 women aged under 40 paving ways in the UK legal industry as the next generation of female legal powerhouses.”
- Who’s Who Legal 2022 – Ranked for Data Privacy and Protection 2022.
- Chambers UK 2022 - Named as an “Associate to Watch” for Data Protection and Information Law, where clients comment: “She has a good pulse as to what regulators are thinking, and provides solid advice supported by the requirements of the law and industry best practices.” “She is extremely hard-working, diligent and detail-oriented. She anticipates client needs, is highly responsive and deeply knowledgeable about GDPR requirements.”