Sidley has been recognized by Turnarounds & Workouts in its special report on the top “European Restructuring Practices of U.S. Law Firms.” Sidley partners Jifree Cader, Mark Knight, Kieran Sharma, Kolja von Bismarck, Andreas Steiger, and Patrick Schulz were highlighted as key professionals by the publication.
The special report noted the firm’s work on the following matters:
- Advised Merced Capital on the restructuring and acquisition of the Telford Offshore Group.
- Represented Schur Flexibles on its successful financial restructuring.
- Represented The Learning Network, on the completion of its sale to Dutch investment company (Intersaction) and its associated restructuring .
- Represented GLAS and a number of its affiliates in court proceedings brought by Galapagos Bidco SARL, which sought declaratory relief to validate the c.US$1 billion multi-jurisdictional financial restructuring of the Galapagos Group.
- Advised Travelex on its complex financial and operational restructuring, which was initiated in August 2020 with the pre-packaged administration sale of certain UK Travelex entities and concluded in November 2022.