AARON L. FLYER is a member of the Environmental practice group in Washington, D.C. His practice focuses on advising clients through a wide range of environmental matters, including enforcement actions, regulatory compliance, rulemaking challenges, federal litigation and asset acquisitions. Aaron is particularly focused on assisting automotive and energy sector clients in defending against Clean Air Act enforcement actions.
Prior to joining Sidley, Aaron clerked for the Hon. Judge George Jarrod Hazel of the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland. Aaron was also an associate in the energy practice of a large law firm in Washington, D.C., where he advised clients in the nuclear industry on a range of topics, including internal investigations, spent fuel litigation, environmental remediation and regulatory matters before the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and U.S. Department of Energy.
Aaron’s practice is built upon his eight years of experience as a naval officer and engineer with the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program, where he worked on the design, manufacture, operation and disposal of naval nuclear reactors and management of nuclear facilities.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2016 (magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Executive Editor, Georgetown International Environmental Law Journal)
- Pennsylvania State University, Master of Nuclear Engineering, 2010
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, 2007
- George J. Hazel, U.S. District Court, District of Maryland (2017)