WILLIAM GWYN has experience acting for private equity sponsors in leveraged finance transactions, high yield offerings, syndicated lending, refinancings and general banking.
Recent examples of William’s work include representing:
- Atento SA in the offering of US$500 million 8% Senior Secured Notes due 2026 by its subsidiary, Atento Luxco 1.
- Great Hill Partners in connection with its acquisition of Notonthehighstreet, a UK curated online marketplace.
- GLAS on the restructuring of Nynas AB, a Swedish based oil refinery business.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners in its sale of and re-investment in Independent Clinical Services Group to Onex Corporation.
- ACPS Automotive, a technology and market leader in towbars/hitches for cars, SUVs, and vans, on the completion of its financial restructuring.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the acquisition of the Azzurri Group.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the acquisition of CarTrawler.
- GHO Capital Partners LLP on its acquisition of Ardena.
- Global Loan Agency Services in connection with the restructuring of Galapagos Holding S.A.
- A leading international investment firm in its provision of mortgage loan acquisition financing to a UK residential property lender and agent.
- A leading international investment firm on the sale of its minority stake in a Premier League football club.
- TowerBrook in its sale of Metallo, a metal recycler and refiner, to Aurubis AG.
- Independent Clinical Services Group (ICS), a portfolio company of TowerBrook Capital Partners (TCP), on the successful recapitalization and portable refinancing of its existing debt structure.
- Five Arrows Principal Investments (the private equity arm of Rothschild) on senior and second lien facilities established with respect to inter alia the refinancing of certain senior facilities of the Datix Group.
Prior to joining Sidley in 2016, William was an associate in the banking and finance practice of another international law firm.