WILLIAM GWYN has experience acting for private equity sponsors in leveraged finance transactions, high yield offerings, syndicated lending, refinancings and general banking.
Recent examples of William’s work include representing:
- GHO Capital Partners LLP on its acquisition of Ardena.
- Global Loan Agency Services in connection with the restructuring of Galapagos Holding S.A.
- A leading international investment firm in its provision of mortgage loan acquisition financing to a UK residential property lender and agent.
- A leading international investment firm on the sale of its minority stake in a Premier League football club.
- TowerBrook in its sale of Metallo, a metal recycler and refiner, to Aurubis AG.
- Independent Clinical Services Group (ICS), a portfolio company of TowerBrook Capital Partners (TCP), on the successful recapitalization and portable refinancing of its existing debt structure.
- Five Arrows Principal Investments (the private equity arm of Rothschild) on senior and second lien facilities established with respect to inter alia the refinancing of certain senior facilities of the Datix Group.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the Acquisition of CarTrawler.
Prior to joining Sidley in 2016, William was an associate in the banking and finance practice of another international law firm.
Admissions & Certifications
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- Durham University, LL.B., 2010