TOM JOHNSON advises on a broad range of private equity and corporate transactions. Before joining Sidley’s office in London, Tom trained and qualified as a solicitor at a leading global firm in London where he gained experience in private equity, M&A, and capital markets.
Recent highlights include advising:
- Buckthorn Partners in its US$210 Million Sale of Coretrax to Expro
- Clearlake Capital Group, L.P. in its acquisition of Chelsea Football Club and related affiliates in a consortium co-led with Todd Boehly, Chairman and CEO of Eldridge. The acquisition was named “Private Equity Deal of the Year” at The Deal Awards 2022.
- Affiliates of WCAS and Managed Market Insights & Technology in connection with MMIT's $1.6 billion merger with Evaluate.
- Recharge Industries, a portfolio company of Scale Facilitation, on its acquisition of Britishvolt.
- Achieve Partners on its acquisition of a majority stake in Boclips.
- KKR on its majority acquisition of Biosynth Carbosynth, a Swiss life sciences reagents and custom synthesis and manufacturing services company.
- A global logistics firm on its £473 million disposal of an industrial properties portfolio to a leading investment fund.
- An international asset management firm on its acquisition of a two million square-foot real estate portfolio in Germany, Spain, and Poland.
*Some of the above matters were handled by Tom prior to joining Sidley.
SERVICES AND INDUSTRIES
Admissions & Certifications
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- The University of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2017
- London School of Economics and Political Science, B.A. (Hons), 2016