MICHAEL ROSENFIELD is partner in Sidley’s Los Angeles, California office and coordinates the firm’s global Insurance and Financial Services practice group in California. Michael’s practice is focused on handling corporate, regulatory and transactional matters. He represents publicly and privately held U.S. and international insurers and reinsurers in the life, health, property/casualty, title and financial guaranty fields on a wide variety of matters. Michael also represents insurance producers (agents, brokers and surplus line brokers), risk retention groups, risk purchasing groups, administrators, adjusters and motor clubs.
Michael’s experience includes:
- formation, capitalization and licensing of insurance companies
- the licensing and regulation of producers and other intermediaries
- financings, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, renewal rights transactions, joint ventures and reorganizations
- developing marketing and sales operations
- investment compliance
- product development and form/rate filings
- reinsurance transactions
- insurance holding company system regulation and compliance
- market conduct examinations (claims, underwriting and financial)
Michael also represents non-insurance clients, such as private equity funds, utility companies, national wholesalers, retailers, mortgage lenders, benefit administrators and professional employer organizations, in developing and structuring insurance operations.
Admissions & Certifications
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., 1987 (cum laude)
- Arizona State University, B.Mus., 1981