JAMIE SADLER focuses his practice on counseling clients regarding antitrust issues that arise in the context of mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures as a member of Sidley’s Antitrust group. Jamie works closely with co-counsel and economists around the world to develop the best global strategy for clients’ advocacy across several jurisdictions, including in the United States. He has significant experience preparing competition filings under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act and responding to Voluntary Access Letters and Second Requests issued by the FTC and DOJ, as well as significant experience assessing, preparing, coordinating and responding to foreign competition filing requirements and inquiries.
His recent representative matters have included advising:
- The Western Union Company in connection with antitrust clearances for its sale of Speedpay, Inc. to ACI Worldwide.
- KapStone Paper and Packaging in connection with antitrust clearances for the company’s acquisition by WestRock.
- Cabela’s in connection with antitrust clearances for its acquisition by Bass Pro Group.
- CBOE Holdings in connection with antitrust clearances for its acquisition of Bats Global.
- Joint ventures in the transportation and manufacturing sectors.
- Clients in numerous industries including beauty and hygienic products, medical supplies, oil and gas, construction materials, telecommunications, technology, financial services, and transportation with respect to both U.S. and foreign competition clearances.
- Clients in connection with antitrust-related litigation including litigation with the FTC and DOJ.
Jamie’s prior representations include advising clients with respect to:
- Government investigations into potential Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations.
- Anti-corruption risks related to mergers and acquisitions and compliance.
- Environmental litigation.
Admissions & Certifications
- District of Columbia
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2014 (magna cum laude)
- University of Florida, B.S., 2010