Please join Sidley at SFMOMA for the 7th Annual Bay Area Lifesciences Roundtable, an afternoon of provocative discussions addressing cutting-edge trends and hot topics.
We are thrilled to be back together in-person for this year's event which will be held at a beautiful outdoor space—SFMOMA’s Sculpture Garden.
Your health is our top priority. Please click here to review our COVID-19 protocols for this event.
Additional panelists to be announced.
Hot Topics in Managing Global Supply Chain Issues: Before, During, and After Launch
Gain valuable insights from in-house and former agency counsel who have been in the trenches.
Topics will include:
- Common global supply chain patterns for pre-commercial and commercial companies
- How to manage FDA compliance and quality risks associated with global supply chain
- Evaluating key international reference pricing considerations and trends
- Analyzing key case study examples
Angie Lewis-White, VP Commercial Supply Chain & Contract Manufacturing, Myovant Sciences
Raj Pai, Partner, Food, Drug and Medical Device Compliance and Enforcement; formerly with the FDA's Office of Chief Counsel and former Special Assistant United States Attorney
Catherine Starks, Partner, Healthcare
Adriana Tibbitts, Partner, Technology and Life Sciences Transactions
Managing Your Message and Positioning: Navigating Strategic and Disclosure Considerations in Product Development and Launch
Deciding when and how to share non-public information about key events in your company's life cycle in general and in transactional settings—such as clinical trial results, regulatory meetings, and product launch—raises complex questions at the intersection of SEC, FDA and First Amendment law. Our panel will help you:
- Understand expectations from key federal regulators, with insights from seasoned practitioners, including former FDA Chief Counsel
- Track evolving First Amendment protections for truthful and non-misleading commercial and scientific speech
- Explore real-world scenarios, including: preparing for data release from clinical trials, charting next steps and regulatory pathways, and evaluating public statements about comparative and competitive positioning, regulatory meetings, and feedback
- Understand the perspectives of seasoned practitioners and in-house counsel about managing disclosures in transactional settings, IPOs, and M&A
Mike Ouimette, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Pliant Therapeutics
Heather Turner, former Chief Legal Officer, Lyell Immunopharma, Inc.
Frank Rahmani, Partner, Global Life Sciences and Capital Markets
Becky Wood, Partner, Food, Drug and Medical Device Regulatory and former Chief Counsel, FDA
Operationalizing Diversity for Positive Business and Clinical Results
Diversity is a laudable goal, sufficient in its own right. However, this panel will take the topic a step further, exploring concrete ways that diversity can be used to make and run a better life sciences company.
Topics will include:
- Examining diversity in clinical trial design and recruitment to lead to better medicines
- Steps to ensure that market access strategies deliver innovative products to appropriate, but often underserved, groups who would benefit
- The myriad ways that diversity touches how companies operate, from the board room to the lunch room
Brandon Allgood, Ph.D., Chief Artificial Intelligence Officer, Valo Health
Stanley Lewis, MD, Founder and CEO of A28 Therapeutics
R’Kes Starling, Chief Executive Officer/President, Reveles Clinical Services
Deeona Gaskin, Partner, Food, Drug and Medical Device Compliance and Enforcement and formerly with FDA's Office of Chief Counsel
Stephen Abreu, Partner, Technology and Life Sciences Transactions
Mustafa Abdul-Jabbar, Managing Associate, Commercial Litigation and Disputes
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Sidley continues to take precautions to safeguard the health and well-being of our clients, colleagues, and guests. Proof of vaccination is required to attend. Please follow all CDC and local California guidelines. If you are experiencing cold- or flu-like symptoms or if you have been in contact with anyone who has been exposed to or infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days, we ask that you not attend the event. We appreciate your cooperation and concern for the health and safety of our guests.
Additional guidance will be provided prior to the event and in accordance with CDC and local guidelines.
Who may be interested in attending
Executives, Investors, and Company Counsel
CLE credit for this program is pending.
For more information, contact GlobalLifeSci@sidley.com.