On Friday, March 10, Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) was shut down, making it the second largest bank failure in US history. On Sunday, March 12, Signature Bank New York closed, making it the third largest bank failure in US history. Earlier that week, on March 8, Silvergate shut its doors. In the span of 4 days, 3 major tech and crypto banks have failed.
Should the government step in to protect depositors? Did SVB collapse so quickly because it was tied to tech? What does this mean for banking, access to capital for start-ups and government regulation? Most importantly, what does this mean for you and your organization?
Join the Exec Club on March 15 for this virtual pop up that will explore the status of regional banks today, government bail outs, and investing in the future.
- Thomas R. Califano, Partner, Sidley
- Martin A. Wellington, Partner, Sidley
- Tim Crane, President, Wintrust
- Sonia Nagar, General Partner, Pritzker Group Venture Capital
- Margaret Mueller, President & CEO, The Executives’ Club of Chicago