On August 17, Sidley partners hosted a webinar on the recent changes in the I-9 hiring process for all U.S. employers. Specifically, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS):
- announced the sunset of the COVID I-9 flexibility policies;
- established a new virtual option for qualified employers to verify the identity and work authorization of new hires; and
- published a new Form I-9 for the hiring process.
These announcements represent a significant change in the options that all U.S. employers have for the onboarding of new hires.
WHAT WILL BE DISCUSSED:
- How can my organization comply with the ending of the government’s COVID I-9 flexibility policies?
- Is the new virtual document verification option right for our organization? What are the risks?
- What are the best practices in implementing the new I-9 and virtual document verification process?
- Marketa Lindt, Partner
- Timothy Payne, Partner
- Aimee Mackay, Counsel
- Teodora Zlatkova, Immigration Attorney