Sidley is pleased to share the Summer 2019 issue of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance, a quarterly newsletter designed to keep you current on what we consider to be the most important legal developments involving M&A and corporate governance matters. Topics covered in this issue include the following:
- How the Type of Buyer May Affect the Target’s Remedies in a Failed Public M&A Deal
—What Target Boards Should Consider When Evaluating Bids and Bidders
- The Business Roundtable Statement on the Purpose of the Corporation: A Pragmatic Rejection of the "Tyranny of the 'Or’”
- In a Rare Move, the Delaware Supreme Court Allows a Caremark Claim Against Directors to Proceed
- Delaware Chancery Court Finds Board “Went Too Far” When Requesting Information From Dissident Director Nominees
- 2019 DGCL Amendments Take Effect Endorsing Electronic Signatures and Delivery
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE DEVELOPMENTS
- Key Developments From the 2019 Proxy Season
- ISS 2020 Proxy Voting Policy Formulation Underway
If you have any questions regarding this issue of Sidley Perspectives or suggestions for topics to be covered in future issues, please contact the Sidley lawyer with whom you usually work or Claire Holland, the editor of the newsletter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sidley Austin LLP provides this information as a service to clients and other friends for educational purposes only. It should not be construed or relied on as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship. Readers should not act upon this information without seeking advice from professional advisers.
Attorney Advertising—Sidley Austin LLP, One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603. +1 312 853 7000. Sidley and Sidley Austin refer to Sidley Austin LLP and affiliated partnerships, as explained at www.sidley.com/disclaimer.
© Sidley Austin LLP