JIFREE CADER co-heads Sidley’s Restructuring group in London. He has a wealth of experience in advising clients on all facets of European insolvencies and restructurings.
Jifree works closely with private equity firms, hedge funds, investment banks and other distressed debt and par investors, providing advice on their investment portfolios. He has also advised insolvency practitioners.
Jifree is ranked in Chambers UK 2022 for Restructuring/Insolvency, where clients say “Jifree is a forceful personality and will drive a deal to completion through sheer will and determination” and “he is very strong technically, very personable and very client-centric.” Jifree has also been recognized in The Lawyer’s ‘Hot 100’ list for 2021.
The London Restructuring practice, which Jifree co-heads, was recently honored as “Highly Commended” in the Restructuring Team of the Year category at the 2021 Legal Business Awards. The team also won the highly prestigious “Innovation in rescue, restructuring and recovery (Law firm)” category at the 2021 FT Innovative Lawyers Awards Europe 2021.
Recent examples of Jifree’s work include representing:
- Hilong Holding Limited as lead international counsel in a restructuring of Hilong’s offshore U.S. dollar-denominated notes.
- King Street on the financing of a hotel and apartment complex in Mayfair, London.
- GLAS on the restructuring of Nynas AB, a Swedish based oil refinery business.
- Travelex on its financial and operational restructuring via a pre-packaged administration sale.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the acquisition of the Azzurri Group.
- GLAS on the restructuring and refinancing of Royal IHC.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on its acquisition of CarTrawler, the leading B2B provider of car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry, via a consensual restructuring.
- GLAS and TMF on the restructuring of BARTEC, a German manufacturer of explosion safety equipment.
- GLAS in connection with the restructuring of Galapagos Holding S.A.
- PE Sponsors in relation to their portfolio companies.
- GLAS in connection with the sale of Young’s Seafood Limited, one of the UK’s leading producers and distributors of seafood, to Karro Food Group.
- RDL Realisation plc, a premium listed investment fund, on its proposals to accelerate the repayment of the Zero Dividend Preference Shares issued by its subsidiary, RDLZ Realisation plc (RDLZ).
- Famar on the successful restructuring, recapitalization and strengthening of its capital structure.
Prior to joining Sidley in 2016, Jifree was a partner in the restructuring practice of another international law firm.