JIFREE CADER has a wealth of experience in advising clients on all facets of European insolvencies and restructurings.
Jifree works closely with private equity firms, hedge funds, investment banks and other distressed debt and par investors, providing advice on their investment portfolios. He has also advised insolvency practitioners.
Recent examples of Jifree’s work include representing:
- Global Loan Agency Services Limited as facilities agent, GLAS Trust Corporation Limited as existing security agent and TMF Trustee Limited as new security agent, on the restructuring of BARTEC, a German manufacturer of explosion safety equipment.
- Global Loan Agency Services in connection with the restructuring of Galapagos Holding S.A.
- Global Loan Agency Services Limited in connection with the sale of Young’s Seafood Limited, one of the UK’s leading producers and distributors of seafood, to Karro Food Group.
- RDL Realisation plc, a premium listed investment fund, on its proposals to accelerate the repayment of the Zero Dividend Preference Shares issued by its subsidiary, RDLZ Realisation plc (RDLZ).
- Famar on the successful restructuring, recapitalization and strengthening of its capital structure.
- Wentworth in relation to the Waterfall II Application, which concerns various issues relating to the distribution of the surplus in the LBIE estate.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the Acquisition of CarTrawler.
Prior to joining Sidley in 2016, Jifree was a partner in the restructuring practice of another international law firm.
Admissions & Certifications
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- University of Westminster, LL.B., 2005 (with first class honors)