STEPHANIE DOBECKI is a partner in the firm’s Chicago office and a member of the global Insurance and Financial Services group. She focuses her practice on helping clients achieve their strategic objectives by addressing the complex, often multi-jurisdictional, insurance and financial regulatory issues that they face.
She advises insurers, insurance intermediaries and related entities nationwide in a variety of corporate transactions and regulatory matters, including insurance company mergers and acquisitions, insurance holding company transactions, reinsurance transactions, company licensure, insurance producer licensing and surplus lines insurance, among others.
Examples of Stephanie’s experience include representation of:
- Cigna Corporation on insurance regulatory matters in the $6.3 billion sale of its group life and disability insurance business to New York Life (pending).
- Aflac on insurance regulatory matters in the acquisition of Zurich North America’s U.S. group benefits business (pending).
- Western & Southern Financial Group on insurance regulatory matters in connection with its acquisition of Gerber Life Insurance Company from Nestlé S.A. for $1.55 billion.
- Cigna Corporation in the insurance and healthcare regulatory matters associated with its acquisition of publicly traded Express Scripts Holding Company for approximately $67 billion.
- Kemper Corporation on insurance regulatory matters in its acquisition of Infinity Property and Casualty Corporation for $1.6 billion.
- Lincoln Financial Group as insurance regulatory counsel in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston from Liberty Mutual.
- Cigna Corporation on insurance regulatory matters in its terminated acquisition by Anthem, a transaction valued at $54.2 billion.
- Athene Holding in its $1.55 billion acquisition of Aviva’s U.S. life insurance and annuity businesses, and the concurrent sale of the life insurance business to Global Atlantic.