MARTIN DOWDALL advises banks, payment service providers, payment systems, and other financial institutions and fintech firms on a range of UK and EU financial services regulation, including:
- Regulatory authorization, governance, systems and controls, outsourcing, conduct of business, and reporting requirements.
- Banking and payment services including money remittance, merchant acquiring, e-money, and open banking.
- Anti-money laundering and KYC rules.
- Regulation of cryptocurrencies and other digital assets and the drafting of new regulatory frameworks for the same.
- Regulation and oversight of payment systems and advising on card scheme and interbank payment system rules.
- Regulatory aspects of transactions.
Martin also advises clients on the structuring of new products and services, and assists with the drafting of agreements with customers and business partners.
Martin was seconded to a major Asian fintech spending time in the London and Hong Kong offices.