NILS GRAVENHORST’s main area of focus is advising on debt finance transactions, with clients including private equity sponsors, investment banks and credit funds.
Nils has experience in leveraged transactions, securitization, real estate finance, restructuring, distressed debt and general banking.
Recent examples of Nils’ work include advising:
- Global Loan Agency Services Limited as facilities agent, GLAS Trust Corporation Limited as existing security agent and TMF Trustee Limited as new security agent, on the restructuring of BARTEC, a German manufacturer of explosion safety equipment.
- Inspired Entertainment, Inc., a leading supplier of gaming terminals in the UK, with respect to its £240 million senior secured facilities established in connection with its acquisition of the Gaming Technology Group of Novomatic UK Ltd.
- Losberger De Boer Group on its financial and operative restructuring.
- TowerBrook on its investment in the GBA Group, a UK-based vehicle logistics business servicing the global automotive and shipping industries.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the Acquisition of CarTrawler.
- Famar on the successful restructuring, recapitalization and strengthening of its capital structure.
Before joining Sidley in 2018, Nils trained at another international law firm in London.
Admissions & Certifications
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- Trinity Hall, Cambridge University, B.A. (Hons), 2013 (M.A. awarded 2017)
- King's College London, M.A., 2014 (Distinction)