NILS GRAVENHORST’s main area of focus is advising on debt finance transactions, with clients including private equity sponsors, corporates, investment banks and credit funds.
Nils has experience in leveraged transactions, distressed acquisitions, financial restructuring and general banking.
Recent examples of Nils’ work include advising:
- GlaxoSmithKline plc in connection with the establishment of US$1.4 billion and £1 billion syndicated revolving credit facilities in preparation for the proposed spinoff of GSK’s Consumer Healthcare business and listing of Haleon plc.
- A strategic value investment firm on the senior financing of a global information, communications and technology business.
- EQT Private Equity and PRO Unlimited and PRO Unlimited’s acquisition of Geometric Results International.
- Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe (WCAS) and Managed Market Insights & Technology (MMIT) in connection with MMIT’s US$1.6 billion merger with Evaluate, a London-based provider of commercial intelligence and predictive analytics to the pharmaceutical industry. Upon completion of the merger, WCAS, and Evaluate’s equity partner, Hg Capital, will share joint control of the combined business.
- King Street Capital Management on the EUR 93,500,000 junior debt financing of Danieli Property S.p.A.
- KKR on its majority acquisition of Biosynth Carbosynth, a Swiss life sciences reagents and custom synthesis and manufacturing services company.
- Crayhill Capital Management on the US$300 million financing for unybrands, an integrated platform for e-commerce businesses.
- A global investment management firm on the financing of a sale and leaseback transaction for the headquarters of an automotive business.
- Inspired Entertainment, Inc. a gaming technology company on its offering of £235 million 7.875% senior secured notes due 2026 and new £20 million super senior revolving facility.
- Partners Group, a leading global private markets firm, on expanding the shareholder base of International Schools Partnership, a leading international group of K-12 schools.
- KKR on its acquisition of Argenta, a leading animal pharmaceutical research and manufacturing company.
Before joining Sidley in 2018, Nils trained at another international law firm in London.