Prior to joining the firm, Mara worked as a litigation associate at a large law firm in Chicago; clerked for the Honorable Harry D. Leinenweber of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois; and worked as a staff attorney at BPI, a Chicago non-profit that advocates for racial justice, police reform, and housing equity.
Mara earned her law degree from the University of Chicago Law School. While in law school, she served as a staff editor for the University of Chicago Law Review and was a member of the Public Interest Law Society. She received her B.A. in Law, Letters, and Society from the University of Chicago, where she graduated with honors.
Admissions & Certifications
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Illinois - General
- U.S. District Court, C.D. of Illinois
- The University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2016
- The University of Chicago, B.A., 2013
- Harry D. Leinenweber, U.S. District Court, N.D. of Illinois (2020 - 2021)