JACK MAYALL’s practice areas include real estate and real estate finance. Within real estate, he has experience in a wide range of transactions, including acquisitions and disposals, real estate development and landlord-and-tenant investment management transactions. Jack’s experience in the financial real estate arena covers varying asset classes, including wind, solar and energy-from-waste facilities, casinos, care homes, student accommodation and residential assets. Jack has also advised on a number of M&A transactions on both the buyer and seller side.
Recent examples of Jack’s work include advising:
- Gilde Buy Out Partners in its investment in Caseking, a leading supplier of high-performance PC gaming equipment and peripherals.
- Archer Daniels Midland on its acquisition of Probiotics International Limited, a UK-based provider of probiotic supplements for human, pet and production-animal use.
- TransUnion in its acquisition of Callcredit, the second largest credit reference company in the United Kingdom.
Before joining Sidley in 2017, Jack spent three years practicing within a top-tier real estate practice of an English law firm. He also undertook a six months secondment at a private equity fund where he was the sole in-house lawyer and was involved in the real estate and finance elements of the origination and ongoing management of debt and equity investments in the UK and across Europe.
Admissions & Certifications
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- University of Leeds, LL.B., 2010
- BPP Law School, Certificate in Legal Practice, 2012 (with distinction)