Acquisition and Disposition
Sidley’s Real Estate practice has extensive experience in acquisition and disposition transactions and is recognized as an industry leader in the field. Our clients include domestic and foreign investors, owners and operators of all types, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to not-for-profit organizations. We are able to provide true “a-to-z” representation to our clients in purchase and sale transactions of real estate, equity interests in entities that own interests in real estate, and the loans that are secured by direct or indirect interests in real estate.
Our lawyers are hands-on from a deal’s outset, providing a full range of acquisition and disposition services to real estate development companies, public and private REITs, pension funds, opportunity funds, real estate funds, hotel and resort owners/operators, utility companies, banks and other financial institutions, home builders and end users of real estate of all kinds. From start to finish, Sidley’s Real Estate practice is able to:
- Advise on traditional fee title asset-based transactions, as well as transfers of ground and master leasehold interests, easements, remainderman interests, and direct and indirect equity interests in real estate owners, operators and investors.
- Represent clients in the purchase and sale of performing and non-performing mortgage and mezzanine whole loans as well as B-Notes and participation interests therein (both individually and in portfolio).
- Negotiate intercreditor, co-lender and participation agreements in connection with such transactions for clients throughout the debt stack.
- Provide extensive experience in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of multi-state portfolios, individual asset sales, distressed real estate or loan auction sales by brokers, receivers and trustees, sale-leasebacks, seller financing and real estate subdivision work.
- Assist clients in the ancillary documentation associated with wide ranging transaction and property types, including negotiation of property and hotel management agreements, utility interconnection agreements, reciprocal easement and operating agreements and property tax appeals and exemptions.