BRYAN ROBSON is highly skilled in matters related to debt finance, including leveraged finance, specialist credit opportunities, distressed investing, real estate finance and fund finance.
Recent examples of Bryan’s work include representing:
- The Learning Network, a leading educational services provider in the Netherlands and Belgium, on the completion of its sale to Dutch investment company, Intersaction and its associated restructuring.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc in connection with the establishment of US$1.4 billion and £1 billion syndicated revolving credit facilities in preparation for the proposed spin-off of GSK’s Consumer Healthcare business and listing of Haleon plc.
- A strategic value investment firm on the senior financing of a global information, communications and technology business.
- King Street Capital Management on the EUR 93,500,000 junior debt financing of Danieli Property S.p.A.
- A global investment management firm on the back leveraged financing of a sale and leaseback transaction for the headquarters of an automotive business.
- Crayhill Capital Management on the US$200 million financing of Heroes, a UK-based technology-driven ecommerce company.
- Crayhill Capital Management on the US$300 million financing for unybrands, an integrated platform for e-commerce businesses.
- Atento SA in the offering of US$500 million 8% Senior Secured Notes due 2026 by its subsidiary, Atento Luxco 1.
- King Street on the financing of a hotel and apartment complex in Mayfair, London.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the acquisition of the Azzurri Group.
- Inspired Entertainment, Inc. a gaming technology company on its offering of £235 million 7.875% senior secured notes due 2026 and new £20 million super senior revolving facility.
- ACPS Automotive a portfolio company of TowerBrook Capital Partners and Bridgepoint Adviors and a technology and market leader in towbars/hitches for cars, SUVs, and vans, on the completion of its financial restructuring.
- Atento on the acquisition of equity by institutional investors.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the acquisition of CarTrawler.
- Inspired Entertainment, Inc., on the financing of the acquisition of the Gaming Technology Group of Novomatic UK Ltd.
- Queen Park’s Equity on the financing of its acquisition of Learndirect Limited and its subsidiaries, a provider of online learning platform and courses.
Bryan is ranked in Chambers UK 2022 for Banking and Finance, where clients describe him as “relationship-driven, clever, insightful and creative” and “very good at disseminating information and can get directors on the same page and supportive of a deal.” In the 2021 edition, he was praised by clients as “extremely smart, extremely resourceful and very responsive,” and “very strong negotiation skills and knows the market extremely well.” Bryan was recognized in Legal Week’s 2019 40 Under 40 Rising Stars in Private Equity list. More recently, the London Private Equity practice was honored as “Private Equity Team of the Year” in the 2021 Legal Business Awards.
Prior to joining Sidley in 2016, Bryan was a partner in the corporate practice of another international law firm.