HANNIE SYEDA advises on a range of transactional, including M&A, regulatory and commercial matters for UK and international (re)insurance companies.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising Great Hill Partners in connection with its acquisition of Notonthehighstreet, a UK curated online marketplace.
- Advising GIC in connection with a US$1 billion investment in Convex Group, led by GIC and Onex Partners.
- Advising Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company on its acquisition of a shareholding in Rothesay Life.
- Advising Queen Park’s Equity on its acquisition of Learndirect Limited and its subsidiaries, a provider of online learning platform and courses.
- Advising Munich Re on £1 billion longevity swap with Willis Pension Scheme.
- Advising certain investment funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management, LLC on the acquisition of a majority stake in Catalina Holdings (Bermuda) Ltd.
- Assisting in the establishment of a Bermudian reinsurance sidecar structure
- Advising (re)insurers on a range of regulatory matters, including the recently adopted Senior Insurance Managers Regime
Hannie trained and qualified as a solicitor in Sidley’s office in London, where she also completed seats in the Global Finance group and Restructuring team.