JACK MAYALL’s practice areas include real estate and real estate finance. Within real estate, he has experience in a wide range of transactions, including acquisitions and disposals, real estate development and landlord-and-tenant investment management transactions. Jack’s experience in the financial real estate arena covers varying asset classes, including wind, solar and energy-from-waste facilities, casinos, care homes, student accommodation and residential assets. Jack has also advised on a number of M&A transactions on both the buyer and seller side.
Recent examples of Jack’s work include advising:
- Partners Group, a leading global private markets firm, on expanding the shareholder base of International Schools Partnership, a leading international group of K-12 schools.
- Great Hill Partners in connection with its acquisition of Notonthehighstreet, a UK curated online marketplace.
- Great Hill Partners in connection with its investment in BigChange, the leading mobile workforce management technology company for the service and transport sectors.
- GIC in connection with a US$1 billion investment in Convex Group, led by GIC and Onex Partners.
- Dude Solutions Inc., a SaaS provider of cloud-based operations management software backed by Clearlake Capital Group, L.P., in the acquisition of the asset management platform Confirm.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company on its acquisition of a shareholding in Rothesay Life.
- Queen Park’s Equity on its acquisition of Learndirect Limited and its subsidiaries, a provider of online learning platform and courses.
- KKR on the creation of a pan-European logistics development platform.
- TowerBrook Capital Partners on the acquisition of the Azzurri Group.
- H.I.G. Capital and Vernacare on the acquisition of Infection Prevention.
- Macquarie on its joint venture with Sun Hung Kai.
- Northwood Investors on its acquisition of Five Acre Square.
- Gilde Buy Out Partners in its investment in Caseking, a leading supplier of high-performance PC gaming equipment and peripherals.
- Archer Daniels Midland on its acquisition of Probiotics International Limited, a UK-based provider of probiotic supplements for human, pet and production-animal use.
- TransUnion in its acquisition of Callcredit, the second largest credit reference company in the United Kingdom.
Before joining Sidley in 2017, Jack spent three years practicing within a top-tier real estate practice of an English law firm. He also undertook a six months secondment at a private equity fund where he was the sole in-house lawyer and was involved in the real estate and finance elements of the origination and ongoing management of debt and equity investments in the UK and across Europe.