JENNIFER NORRIS is counsel in Sidley’s Chicago office. Jennifer’s practice focuses on the representation of insurance companies and financial institutions in a variety of corporate, securities and regulatory matters, including the representation of both buyers and sellers in connection with mergers and acquisitions transactions; the representation of underwriters and issuers in connection with securities offerings; and the representation of insurance and reinsurance companies in connection with complex reinsurance transactions. Jennifer has been involved in a number of innovative alternative risk transfer transactions that provide for the transfer of insurance risks to the capital markets, representing both insurance companies and investors. She also advises clients on insurance regulatory matters.
Notable transactions on which Jennifer has advised include representation of:
- TowerBrook and Further Global in connection with the $586 million acquisition of ProSight.
- Mutual Trust Financial Group in its merger with Pan-American Life Insurance Group, a merger of two mutual insurance holding companies.
- Markel Corporation in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of CATCo Investment Management Ltd.
- Ameritas Life Insurance in its acquisition of two in-force life insurance blocks with a face amount of $2.1 billion.
- ACE in a venture with BlackRock involving the organization and $800 million private placement of ABR Reinsurance Capital Holdings Ltd., a Bermuda-based reinsurance organization. The transaction was named “Capital Raising of the Year” and “Launch of the Year” at the 2015 Reactions North America Awards.
- American International Group on the transfer of a combined $925 million of multiple-peril catastrophe risk through the Compass Re II 2015-1, Tradewynd Re 2014-1 and Tradewynd Re 2013-1 catastrophe bonds.
- Hartford Financial Services in the sale of its retirement plans business to Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance.
- Athene Holding Ltd. in its acquisition of Investors Insurance Corporation.
- American International Group in the sale of its 21st Century Insurance Group to Farmers Insurance Group, a unit of Zurich Financial Services, a transaction with a total enterprise value of over $2 billion.