Artificial intelligence (AI) is coming of age and is increasingly used and relied upon by many industries, governments, and society. The growth in the applications and use of AI has been matched recently by the development of AI regulations, laws, and early enforcement actions. These AI regulatory developments are occurring in the EU, UK, and the U.S. and in many other jurisdictions globally.
Join us for a 75 minute virtual roundtable to discuss:
- The latest regulatory developments in AI in the EU, UK, and the U.S.
- Where government AI policy is headed
- Key regulatory considerations for businesses to consider with AI
Sidley partner Alan Charles Raul and senior associate Francesca Blythe will provide opening remarks. The discussion will be moderated by Sidley partners William RM Long and Sujit Raman.
- Tim Cook, Deputy Head, Office for Artificial Intelligence, UK Government's Department of Culture, Media and Sports
- Brendan Groves, Vice President of Regulatory and Policy Affairs, Skydio
- Michael Kratsios, Managing Director, Scale AI; former U.S. Chief Technology Officer
- Tom Lue, General Counsel & Head of Governance, DeepMind
The Sidley AI Forum looks to bring together industry participants and regulators to discuss the latest developments in AI regulation, what the current challenges are, and how to deal with regulatory, legal, and compliance issues raised by AI.