Join Sidley and OneTrust DataGuidance for the second webinar in this series on the new EU digital legislation. This discussion will centre on the Digital Services Act (DSA) – as recently adopted and entered into effect. The DSA will create new rules and responsibilities for digital service providers with the aim of improving the protection of users online, establishing a clear accountability framework, and fostering innovation, growth, and competitiveness within the EU digital market. Failure to comply with the DSA could lead to fines of up to 6% of annual worldwide turnover.
The DSA will become fully applicable as of February 17, 2024 but will be enforced against Very Large Online Platforms as of September 1, 2023.
Key topics will include:
- What companies fall within the DSA’s scope
- Key things companies need to know about the DSA and its obligations
- Challenges with implementing DSA requirements
- Practical next steps for companies to take to deal with DSA requirements
- Joanna Smolinska, Member of the European External Action Service (EEAS)
- William RM Long, Partner and Head of the UK/European Data Privacy practice, Sidley Austin LLP
- Lauren Cuyvers, Senior Managing Associate, UK/European Data Privacy practice, Sidley Austin LLP
Sidley Austin LLP and OneTrust DataGuidance will process delegate contact details for the purposes of organising and administering this event, and for contacting you about future events. Please note that delegate contact details may be passed between Sidley Austin LLP and OneTrust DataGuidance for the above purposes.
For questions or more information, please click here to contact us.