Topic: Restructuring by the Bay: Will Singapore Become the New Restructuring Destination for APAC (and Beyond)?
Join us for an insightful panel discussion at Singapore Convention Week 2023, on developments, trends, and opportunities in corporate restructuring and insolvency in Singapore and across the Asia Pacific region. The region has gone through significant insolvency and restructuring law reform and development. How are these reforms being met and how are they affecting restructurings in the region? Is Singapore emerging as a cross-border restructuring center? The panel will also explore the scope, importance, and effectiveness of mediation or arbitration in restructuring and insolvency, the law and practice across jurisdictions to compel parties to mediate or arbitrate in a distress situation, and the propriety of stays in favour of arbitration in a winding up or formal restructuring proceeding.
Registration will close on August 30, 2023, at 12.00 a.m. SGT.
This event is complimentary. In-person attendees restricted to 100 people.
The panel discussion will be live streamed and attendees will have the option to join the event virtually.
- Christopher S. Sontchi – International Judge, The Singapore International Commercial Court
- Matthew Sheridan – Partner, Sidley
- Jennifer Lim – Partner, Sidley
- Ashok Kumar – Director, BlackOak LLP
- Richmond Ang – Partner, SEA Debt Advisory & Restructuring Leader, Deloitte
- Rose Kehoe – IWIRC Singapore
- Stephen Hessler – Partner, Sidley