Join Sidley and OneTrust DataGuidance for a webinar on the EU AI Act. This discussion with industry panellists will cover initial reactions to the (anticipated) political agreement on the EU AI Act following key negotiations by the European legislative bodies on December 6, 2023.
The EU AI Act will be the first standalone piece of legislation worldwide regulating the use of AI and will form a key consideration in AI governance programs. The AI Act will have a significant impact on many organizations, with failure to comply potentially leading to fines of up to 7% of annual worldwide turnover.
- Caroline Louveaux, CPO, Mastercard
- Monika Tomczak-Gorlikowska, CPO, Prosus
- Johan Wisenborn, Head Policies & Governance Data Privacy, Digital & AI Compliance (DPDAI), Novartis
- Kai Zenner, Head of Office and Digital Policy Adviser for MEP, Axel Voss, European Parliament
- William RM Long, Partner and Global Co-Leader, Privacy and Cybersecurity, Sidley (London)
- Lauren Cuyvers, Senior Managing Associate, Privacy and Cybersecurity, Sidley (Brussels)
Key topics will include:
- The EU AI Act – has it struck the right balance and what are the key practical points to understand?
- How the EU AI Act relates to other frameworks and regulatory approaches such as the U.S. Executive Order on AI and other EU new Digital Data Laws
- How to develop AI governance around the EU AI Act