Sidley is pleased to share the October issue of Sidley Perspectives on M&A and Corporate Governance, a bimonthly newsletter designed to keep you current on what we consider to be the most important legal developments involving M&A and corporate governance matters. Topics covered in this issue include:
- Projections in Public Company M&A
- In Approving Disclosure-Only Settlement, Delaware Chancery Court Tells Merger Litigants to Reset Expectations
- Dole Executives Found Personally Liable for $148 Million for Undermining Sales Process
- Shareholder-Adopted Bylaw Authorizing Shareholders to Remove Officers Held Invalid under Delaware Law
- Trinity Wall Street Asks Supreme Court to Weigh in on Battle with Wal-Mart Over Rule 14a-8’s “Ordinary Business” Exclusion
- D.C. Circuit Reaffirms Decision that Conflict Minerals Disclosure Requirement Violates First Amendment
- Circuits Split Over Whether Dodd-Frank Anti-Retaliation Protections Apply to Internal Whistleblowers
- The DOJ’s New Focus on Individual Accountability for Corporate Wrongdoing Has Widespread Implications
- HSR Enforcement Action Highlights Risks under Investment-Purpose Exemption
- SEC Adopts CEO Pay Ratio Disclosure Rule Required by Dodd-Frank
- New IRS Guidance Could Affect Tax-Free Spinoffs, Including REIT Spinoffs
- NYSE Updates Listing Rules on Material News Policy and Trading Halts
Corporate Governance Developments
- Proxy Access Continues to Gain Momentum
- OECD Issues Revised Corporate Governance Principles
If you have any questions regarding this issue of Sidley Perspectives, please contact the Sidley lawyer with whom you usually work or Claire Holland, the editor of the newsletter, at email@example.com.
To receive Sidley Updates, please subscribe at www.sidley.com/subscribe.
Sidley Austin provides this information as a service to clients and other friends for educational purposes only. It should not be construed or relied on as legal advice or to create a lawyer-client relationship.
Attorney Advertising - For purposes of compliance with New York State Bar rules, our headquarters are Sidley Austin LLP, 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10019, 212.839.5300; One South Dearborn, Chicago, IL 60603, 312.853.7000; and 1501 K Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20005, 202.736.8000.