LIZZY BURNS is a corporate associate in Sidley’s Chicago office and a member of the firm’s Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation practice.
Lizzy regularly advises clients in connection with executive compensation and employee benefits aspects of corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and financings. Her practice also includes designing and administering equity incentive plans and employment, severance, retention, deferred compensation, change in control, and other compensation-related arrangements.
Recent examples of transactions on which Lizzy has advised include:
- ZMC affiliated investment funds in their acquisition of iconic comedy brand The Second City.
- Pandora Media, Inc. in its sale to Sirius XM Holdings for $3.5 billion, which combined the world’s leading satellite radio company with the leading U.S. internet radio company.
- Siris Capital Group LLC in connection with its agreement to acquire Web.com Group, Inc. for approximately $2 billion in cash.
- Represented affiliates of Siris Capital Group, LLC in their US$1.7 billion acquisition of Electronics for Imaging, Inc.
- Navigant Consulting, Inc. ("Navigant"), in connection with Navigant entering into a definitive agreement to be acquired by Guidehouse LLP, a portfolio company of Veritas Capital for US$1.1 billion.
- Shape Security, Inc. in its proposed acquisition by F5 Networks, Inc. for US$1 billion in cash.
Lizzy received her J.D. from Harvard Law School and her B.A., summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from Saint Louis University.