JEREMY CARROLL is an associate in the Insurance and Financial Services group of the firm’s Chicago office.
He advises insurers, reinsurers, brokers, banks and other insurance industry participants in a broad range of matters including M&A, capital markets and reinsurance transactions.
Recent matters on which Jeremy has advised include representation of:
- Global Atlantic in the reinsurance from Unum Group of a closed block of individual disability income business backed by $8.5 billion in assets.
- The Farmers Exchanges in the acquisition jointly with Farmers Group, Inc. of MetLife’s property and casualty business, MetLife Auto & Home, for $3.94 billion (pending).
- Sirius International Insurance Group in its strategic merger with Third Point Reinsurance, creating a $3.3 billion company (pending).
- Cigna in the $6.3 billion sale of its group life and disability insurance business to New York Life.
- Athene Holding and Apollo Global Management in the formation and capitalization of Athene Co-Invest Reinsurance Affiliate 1A, Ltd. (ACRA), a long-duration, on-demand capital vehicle funded by Athene and certain investment funds managed by Apollo.
- The Hartford in the sale of its life insurance and annuity businesses for $2.05 billion to an investor group that included Global Atlantic, Cornell Capital, TRB Advisors, Pine Brook and J. Safra Group.
- Sirius International Insurance Group in its merger with Easterly Acquisition Corp., resulting in a combined publicly traded company with a market capitalization of approximately $2.2 billion.
- Arthur J. Gallagher in the acquisition of Reassurance Holdings, including Coverdell & Co. and Carefree Marketing.
- Synchrony Financial in its acquisition of Pets Best, a pet health insurance industry pioneer.
- American Enterprise Group in its acquisition of Great Western Insurance Company.
Jeremy graduated with highest honors from the University of Iowa College of Law. As a law student, Jeremy served as a Contributing Editor for Iowa Law Review and an Associate Editor for Transnational Law and Contemporary Problems. In addition, he received the Judge William C. Stuart Award and was elected to the Order of the Coif.